Bill Fraser-Harris, Charlotte Recreation Committee
Mark your calendar to join other Charlotte residents at the town beach this summer. The celebrations include:
- Summer music series opening concert on Wednesday, June 7, at 5 p.m. for picnicking and 6-7 p.m. for music from the Vermont Youth Orchestra.
- The Charlotte Town Beach Party on Saturday, July 8, 4-8 pm. Come meet and greet and eat. Join your friends and neighbors for a free barbecue with food from local vendors — Fat Cow Farm, Misty Knoll, Stoney Loam Farm, Adams Berry Farm, Elizabeth Moore of Ridgeline Real Estate and gelato from Backyard Bistro — grilled by Fortin’s Lawncare and Snowplowing. Enjoy Charlotte Volunteer Fire and Rescue demos and live music by Mystic Party Band. Please bring a donation for the band.
- We will have tables of food; bring your favorite potluck dish to share. Bring your own beverages, plates and utensils
- Please no dogs. The entire event is free with free parking after 4 p.m. Dinner will be served around 6 p.m.
- Music at the Beach on Wednesdays, July 19 and 26 and Aug. 2, with picnicking at 5 p.m. and at 6 p.m. classical music from the Vermont Youth Orchestra Quartet. Free with season parking pass or paid day pass. Bring your favorite person and picnic dinner. Donations are encouraged.
All music events are weather permitting with the Charlotte Senior Center as the back-up rain location. Updates on Residents of Charlotte VT Facebook page and details available from Bill Fraser-Harris or 802-343-4350.