The Charlotte Library Board of Trustees and Staff are excited to announce the re-opening of the library building on Wednesday, July 15.
This is Phase two of the five-phase re-opening plan and allows for limited walk-in service for library patrons to select and checkout books. Because of ongoing caution and concern for community welfare, this phase is necessarily restricted but offers the first step in a gradual opening of the library to full service. The limited walk-in service includes the following measures and regulations:
- Library Hours
Monday through Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.: reserved for at-risk individuals
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.: library closed for cleaning & sanitizing
- Patrons allowed in building for maximum of 30 minutes to select and checkout books
- Five patrons allowed in building at one time
- Patrons enter through main entrance and exit on north end of porch (except those requiring ADA access, who may enter and exit through main entrance)
- No patrons under the age of 16 allowed in the library for the first two weeks of this Phase two
- Patrons are encouraged to limit number of family/pod members visiting library
- All patrons must wear masks and sanitize hands when entering building
- Patrons must follow marks on floor for social distancing while visiting the stacks and standing in line at the service desk.
Library staff will be on hand to assist with book checkout and location via computer. Staff will be masked at all times and wear gloves when handling materials for sanitizing prior to and during checkout.
We look forward to seeing you at the library at long last and to sharing our wonderful new building with the rest of the community, even in such a limited first start. We hope to move to subsequent phases as long as the COVID-19 recovery continues here in Vermont.
This opening comes with the caveat that library hours and access could change at any time as the situation in Vermont warrants. The latest updates and information are available on the library website.