This year, the Charlotte Central School PTO has sponsored many special events and helped fund many projects and endeavors in our classrooms, including:
Providing a new National Geographic early reader book to all incoming Kindergarten students during Kindergarten Visiting Day in June
- Sponsoring Scholastic News subscriptions for students in the first and third grades
- Enhanced classroom libraries in the third grade
- Purchasing class sets of Wonder for the fourth grade’s full-class literacy unit
- Purchasing of clothing racks and hangers to organize the Charlotte Central School Lost & Found
- Sponsorship of the Vermont Youth Orchestra performance — still to be scheduled!
- Supplied a Home Depot gift card for the purchase of wood and paint for the Omega Mural project
- Charlotte Central School athletics have benefitted from new uniforms for many sports teams and new equipment for the recently revived baseball team
- STEAM — sponsorship of kits for team participation in FIRST Lego League Robotics Competition
The PTO also helped arrange the following special events for our faculty and staff this year:
- Pre-service breakfast
- Wednesday Professional Development Snack & Drink drop-offs by parents and caregivers
- Fall “Under the Tent” celebration after school, celebrating our construction crew and the completion of the summer construction project
The Charlotte Central School PTO is a great way for caregivers to become involved with the school. It is truly an example of many hands make light work. Meetings are once a month. Tasks and responsibilities are minimal, but critical to continuing to support the overall climate and enrichment of the school.
Family Fun Day
On Saturday, June 4, 4-7 p.m., the Champlain Valley School District will hold a Family Fun Day. Proceeds from this event will support the Vermont Make-A-Wish Foundation. Activities will include music, yard games, face painting, group activities and guest speakers at Champlain Valley Union High School. The cost is $12 for adults, $6 for youth (12 and under) if pre-purchased online, or $16 for adults and $8 for youth if purchased at the door. Each ticket includes a voucher for one food item and one drink.
This event is put on by Champlain Valley Union students with support from the CVU business program. Send questions to Logan Vaughan.
Assistant principal hiring process
Following the recent announcement that Stephanie Sumner will be leaving at the end of the year, co-principal Jen Roth and school system administrators have begun the search process for an assistant principal. The position has been posted and a team is being formed to conduct interviews, including faculty and staff representatives, district representation, a school board member and at least one parent/caregiver from the Charlotte Central School community.
Musical performances reminders
On Sunday, June 5, at 5 p.m. the Charlotte Central School band will perform the national anthem at Centennial Field before the Lake
Wednesday, June 8, from noon-1 p.m., the Charlotte Central School Jazz Band will perform at the Church Street Amphitheater on the Mall Block. This performance is free and open to the public.