By The Charlotte Library
News from the Charlotte Library. May 17, 2017
May 18 is National Museum Day, and the Charlotte Library has local museum passes available for checkout. If you’re thinking of an outing, check out one of these options before you go:
- Birds of Vermont Museum: Free admission with one paid admission.
- ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center, Leahy Center for Lake Champlain: $4 admission for up to four members of same party.
- Elder Education & Enrichment for Everyone: Pass for 2 adults to one lecture each semester.
- Shelburne Farms: Free family admission to Walking Trails and Children’s Farmyard.
- Shelburne Museum: 50 percent off of one-day admission for library patron, one additional adult and up to four accompanying children.
Stay tuned for information about passes to the Lake Champlain Maritime Museum, Vermont State Historic Sites and Vermont State Parks.
Don’t forget to join us for these upcoming programs right here at the library:
Tuesdays, May 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30, 9:00 a.m. Baby Time at the Library! Join us to chat, sing songs & read to Baby. Sponsored by Building Bright Futures.
Fridays, May 5, 12, 19 & 26, 10:30 a.m. Friday Free for All. Join us each Friday for a new adventure with stories, experiments & snacks! For ages 3-5.
Wednesday, May 17, 7:00 p.m. Long Trail Canine Rescue. Meet the people and puppies in this life-changing group. Learn how to help their efforts or find a pet of your own!
Friday 19, 8:30 a.m. Garden Session: Plant a Seed, Defend the Future. Help sow the library garden, enjoy refreshments and “defend the future.” Slow-food materials provided by a grant from Friends of the Charlotte Library.
Thursday, May 25, 7:00 pm: Privacy & Safety on the Internet. Jason Duquette-Hoffman from the Vermont AG’s Office Consumer Assistance Program walks you through internet safety basics common consumer complaints.